Bukit Unyang Recce 14th Jan 2018
Trig Station at Unyang Peak
• Bukit Unyang is located Northeast of Kanching Waterfalls, in Hutan Rizab Kanching.
• Trailhead towards Bukit Unyang is located after Level 7 of Kanching Falls.
• Some old tape markers left by earlier explorers exists along the trail.
• We did most of our bushwhacking works independently of the markers but somehow we stumbled upon them from section to section.
• The last section at the false peak before crossing the saddle over to the Unyang peak is the toughest.
• At the false peak, we could see Bukit Bunga Buah, Bukit Boyan and Bukit Tunggul.
• All of the three primary obstacles are there - bamboo, thorny palm trees and thick ferns.
• The overall distance from trailhead to the peak is about 2.5 km. Time to hike is about 3 hours.
• The altitude according to RSO map is 730 metres.
• After the last river crossing post level 7, there are no more stream crossing.
• Leeches are present along the way until before the false peak.
• Good to know - the waterfall/river that flows down is Sungai Chul Tinggi.